German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kent_sutton

PostPosted: 02/04/04, 4:04 pm    Post subject: eyes Reply with quote

not that it matters to me, but has anyone elses GWP eyes changed from yellow to brown as they got older?
cmmilach
Senior
Senior

PostPosted: 02/04/04, 8:43 pm    Post subject: Eyes Reply with quote

Hi,

My nine year old male had light eyes when he was young & as he got older they become dark. I am seeing the same thing with my 19 month old female.
Tony
Master
Master

PostPosted: 02/04/04, 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they really yellow, or are they just light brown? Some GWP pups will have what I call "honey" colored eyes, golden brown in the middle with a darker brown ring around the outside. These eyes will usually darken, but true yellow eyes won't.
cheerio

PostPosted: 02/06/04, 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never seen that in the GWP, but in other breeds, "yellow eyes" usually brighten with maturity of the dog. Once the dog is 2, the color is set for life.
Browndog

PostPosted: 04/19/06, 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bitch, Becky had almost 'blue eyes' at first as a pup! Over time they eventualy turned from light brown to brown!
DevataGWP
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 05/11/06, 2:34 pm    Post subject: Eyes Changing Colors Reply with quote

The German standard for the GWP calls for lighter eyes than does the US standard. I would assume that all colors are out there and yes, they will darken as they age. If there is a dark circle around the eye, they will darken.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: