German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Breeder refuses to hold up thier end of guarantee!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wgonfan

PostPosted: 03/09/06, 9:58 pm    Post subject: Breeder refuses to hold up thier end of guarantee! Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post.

I bought a GWP a while back, the dog has since been diagnosed with Hip dysplasia. When I purchased the dog, the breeder gauranteed him against bad hips or any genetic defects. When the isssue was first brought to the breeders attention the breeder simply asked that I mail a signed letter from my vet. After recieving the letter from my vet the breeder still refuses to hold up thier end of the deal. x-rays have been made avialable. The breeder is now trying to turn it around on me saying that the dog "must" be living in a bad environment & that "bad hips are NOT hereditary" & that they owe me nothing. The breeder claims that they have spoken with other breeders all of which say that they shouldn't give me anything.

The facts are:
My pup lives in a great environment with plenty of room to run & play, he's fed quality foods & exercised daily.
The Pup cleary does have bad hip which are noticable even to the untrained eye on the xrays.
The breeder did guarantee the pup against bad hips or any other genetic disease.

It's been six months since the breeder was first informed. What do you guys suggest I do?
FLITTERBUG

PostPosted: 04/28/06, 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think it's time to contact an attorney. If you have a Health Guarantee which covers Hip problems then your breeder must hold to that agreement. That's why it's sooo important to check out breeders and their dogs. You never know what a person will say or do to breed and sell a puppy with their kennel name on it...Also, have you tried contacting AKC. Don't email them, call...they are great help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: