German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

agility at the 2006 nationals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Nationals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay-Mar's GWP's

PostPosted: 03/20/06, 1:19 am    Post subject: agility at the 2006 nationals Reply with quote

Hi all...
there has been some disappointment discussed about there being no agility at this years upcoming nationals
I just wanted to let everyone know why that decesion was made.
It actually was not our choice not to have an agility trial.
Per AKC rules, there can not be another agility trial that weekend within 200 miles of our show site and there is a trial going on 60 miles away.
The only way we could do anything agility related was to have a match and the show sight would not allow that and the equipment rental fees would be way too expensive.
No one is more disappointed then me as I actually have a wire to run in agility this year.
We tried to compromise by offering rally as a new event and hopefully, we can get lots of new people excited about rally and obedience again.
We will certanly post the contact information for the agility trial that will be going on at the other site, in case anyone wants to enter.
thanks
Nikki Litwin
2006 national obedience chairperson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Nationals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: