German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

GWP Rescue Tattoo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JWB

PostPosted: 02/28/06, 9:45 pm    Post subject: GWP Rescue Tattoo Reply with quote

I have searched the archives, but have not been able to locate very much info on ear tattoo's, so I am hopefull someone here can help me out.

My wife and I are fostering/potentially adopting a GWP which was surrendered to an animal shelter in the Minneapolis, MN area.

It is a 2 year old male, black and white, with a 6 digit number printed on the inside of its right ear (192112) in green ink. It does not look like a tatto, rather it looks like a printed number.

He is not a very furry GWP, he has a bit of a beard, but not much else. The dog is not microchipped, and the peole at the clinic had no other information about him. THey thought he was a purebread GWP, the previous owners stated they had AKC paperwork for him.

Is anyone familiar with this type of number format that can shed some light on this for me.

Thank you,

John
Jon

PostPosted: 03/01/06, 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dog's name is Beast vom Noslo. He was whelped on 18 October 2003.
He was registered by the VDD-all VDD pups are tattoed with their registration number at about 7 weeks of age.

If you need any more info, please contact me privately.
Deb Finstad
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 03/01/06, 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

I sent you a PM.

Deb
Deb Finstad
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 03/03/06, 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to let everyone know that the breeder for this dog has been contacted and is happy to take him back.

Thanks Jon for posting the information on Beast - it made finding the breeder very easy.

Deb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: