German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

GWP Yearbook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jodi Quesnell

PostPosted: 06/05/05, 8:23 pm    Post subject: GWP Yearbook Reply with quote

Hi everyone, If you're on more than one list, this will be a "repeat" but I wanted to contact as many of you GWP lovers as possible...

As some of you know, I am the editor of the GWPCA Wirenews. I have also decided to edit the GWP Yearbook. I am hoping to get it all printed and ready to go, so it can be delivered to everyone who attends Nationals, and of course mailed to anyone who isn't able to attend.

So, to get it out by then, the deadline to have all of your "stuff" into me is July 1. Any GWP that has earned a title, or that has titled offspring should be included in the yearbook. The information (stuff) you need to send me is:

Dog's registered Name
Dog's 3-generation pedigree
Any health clearances (OFA, Cerf, etc)
A brief list of accomplishments
Dog's Owner's name
Dog's Breeder's name
List of titles the dog has earned
Dog's Date of Birth
and....a good (perferably not digital) photo

This yearbook is for the years 1999-2004. The GWPCA hasn't done a yearbook since 1998, so any dogs since then should be included.

I am working hard to have this be a quality book that will be a reference for years to come. It will be printed by a High School Yearbook Company, and it will be a Hardcover book with the glossy photos, as most of us have for our High School Yearbooks.

The cost per dog, to be included in the yearbook is $15 each, or $100 for ten dogs, and $10 for each additional dog. I have worked hard to keep the price low to be included, so that breeders and owners can include all of their dogs in the yearbook. The more dogs that are included, a more complete historical record we will have. I would also like to include any dogs that have NAVHDA, NSTRA, or ???? titles, so please let everyone you know with GWPs about the yearbook. I will also work with breeders/owners, and if you have your "puppy people" send in their info/photos, and there are 10 or more of them, I will give you the lower price.

If anyone has questions about the yearbook, what I need from you, or ???? please contact me for more information. Or, just send all of your "stuff" to me by the deadline.

Thanks!

Jodi Quesnell
GWPCA Wirenews Editor
GWP Yearbook Editor
Spearfish, SD
(605) 578-7554
idawiregwps@isp.com
www.geocities.com/idawire
Deb Finstad
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 06/06/05, 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jodi,

Thank you. You're taking on a big task and I'm sure many people appreciate your efforts. I've heard talk about the yearbooks but have never seen one so this is exciting.

I'm assuming that anyone submitting information needs to be a member of the GWPCA...right? Since you're asking for any NSTRA or NAVHDA title you may want to clarify or you could have to sort through copious amounts of information from non-members.

Good luck. Hopefully a lot of people will participate.

Deb
Jodi Quesnell

PostPosted: 06/06/05, 3:11 pm    Post subject: GWP Yearbook Reply with quote

Deb, you do not have to be a member of the GWPCA to be included in the yearbook. The yearbook is intended to be a reference for breeders, which is why dogs that have produced titled dogs are also being included.

If anyone has any questions, or would like to be included in the yearbook, you can contact me via email: idawiregwps@isp.com, or you can give me a phone call: (605) 578-7554

I have received a favorable response so-far. Of course, the more people that send their dog's info, the more complete (and useful) the yearbook will be for breeders in years to come.

Bye, Jodi

Jodi Quesnell
GWPCA Wirenews Editor
GWP Yearbook Editor
idawiregwps@isp.com
(605) 578-7554
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: