German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

dental health

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Health Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trilini

PostPosted: 05/21/05, 4:15 pm    Post subject: dental health Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to brush my pup's teeth, well she's not a pup but about 8, and she's generally cooperative. It's just really hard to see how the 30sec of scrubbing she allows will prevent dental problems. Does it? should I persist? Other things I should be doing?

Thanks,

Pat
Walter & Claudia
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 05/30/05, 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pat,

I bursh my boy's teeth as well and have had no problems with built up so far.
I also use a product called "Pet Kiss" that you add to the drinking water and it works well. It is completely natural and helps with the control of plaque and tartar build up.

Claudia
Trilini

PostPosted: 05/30/05, 3:52 pm    Post subject: Thanks, I'll look for Pet Kiss Reply with quote

She's actually gotten a lot better with it in the last week so I feel more encouraged. The vet really thinks it helps. Anything to keep her healthy!

Pat
cheerio

PostPosted: 06/02/05, 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, havnt' you heard?...
There is on the market a new product called Breatherlizer. Just a few drops in your dog's drinking water and it keeps his teeth clean and his breath nice. It will keep tatar from building up but if your dog has bad teeth, it is a good idea to get them clean first by a vet as this product is a maintenance thing, just like brushing your teeth. It is really cheap too!...

Ah Ah! No more brushing in this house! Thank goodness, with 10 dogs it was...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Health Issues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: