German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Looking for a GWP right away...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Looking for a puppy!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yjriverguides

PostPosted: 03/02/04, 5:29 pm    Post subject: Looking for a GWP right away... Reply with quote

On Sunday it will be seven months since Stanley, my 14 year old bloodhound, made his exit. Life without my own dog is no fun! I'm having trouble finding any puppies, and I'm hoping to have one by mid-June at the very latest. I operate a river guide service in Idaho and this year we'll also be doing bird hunting. I'm planning to take the puppy on the river all summer, where he'll be able to swim and play to his heart's content.

I'm looking for a male, but I would consider a female. Color is not very important, I won't be showing this dog and probably not breeding. I'm looking for a buddy with a nice temperament, eager to learn and hunt, good with kids, tolerant of other dogs, and if I'm really lucky, I'm hoping he'll eat my wife's cat.

If you have puppies or have ideas for where I can find one, please e-mail or call me anytime.

Thanks,

Chris Louderback (928) 773-9372
Gunnar's Parents

PostPosted: 01/05/05, 10:51 pm    Post subject: German Wirehairs in SE Idaho Reply with quote

I live in Idaho Falls and have a 14 month old registered male (Gunnar) There was breeder in Weston, Idaho. The kennel name was Von Kreiger Kennels. His sister from the same litter also lives in Idaho Falls and is owned by a man that I work with. If interested e-mail me and I can give you some more contact info.
cheerio

PostPosted: 01/06/05, 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also have 2 pups listed as GWP/Lab available in rescues. They may be pure, but eben if they have lab in them, they would be good hunters and certainely would enjoy a swim in the river. Just an idea...
Martin

PostPosted: 03/01/05, 12:12 pm    Post subject: GWP X Lab Reply with quote

I have a GWP/Chocolate Lab X. I have had him since he was a pup and he is now going into his 13th year and I cannot say enough about how great of a dog he has been even though a little stuborn @ times. Sadly
it's time to start looking for a companion to help both of us with the transition. I wouldn't hesitate getting the same combo again or a GWP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Looking for a puppy! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: