German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

German Wirehaired Pointer Club of Wisconsin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
birddog
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 01/27/05, 6:32 pm    Post subject: German Wirehaired Pointer Club of Wisconsin Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the Wisconsin club is still in existence? I have not received a dues renewal for 2005 and tried contacting Sandra Hoesel the club president but the email was returned. Any input would be helpful. Thanks, Janet
bigoak

PostPosted: 01/28/05, 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janet,Dave and I were wondering the same thing....vern
birddog
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 01/28/05, 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if AKC would have any info. Although when checking the AKC web, they have Sue Clemens as contact person for the Wisconsin club, and she has been gone for years. Janet
birddog
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 01/29/05, 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Vern, Dave, guess what showed up in the mail today. Yep, my dues renewal. Guess the club is still up and running! Hope you received yours. Janet
bigoak

PostPosted: 01/30/05, 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janet,Ya, thats the good news,but the bad news is we're using the field trial date for the hunt test and I heard a navdha club takeing our March date!I guess if I don't have a field trial dog ,no big lose,right?...vern
dualgwp

PostPosted: 02/03/05, 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all you Wisconsin-ites.... I heard from Paula Mobieus and she has been trying to get back on the board, but having some problems. She is alive and well and her email is working......she asked me to let you all know that.
birddog
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 02/03/05, 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Vern, It is a concern. If I were field trialing I would be upset also. Why would NAVHDA want those grounds with no water. Their test require water work. Once we relinquish those dates to another club, chances are we have lost those dates and grounds forever. If they are only going to train, then I feel we members should have been given the first opportunity to use the grounds at Ottawa or even better, give another club who would run a field trial the opportunity. That way, those who intended to trial their dogs on that weekend, (such as you) could do so. JMO
Janet
Tony
Master
Master

PostPosted: 02/04/05, 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Janet. By giving up those dates this year, chances are you won't be able to get them in the future. I am not sure what is going on with pointing dog field trials in SE Wisconsin, but I have noticed a dramatic decrease in participation in the last few years. Last Spring I entered my dog in a GSP trial at Bong and a GWP trial at Ottawa on the same weekend, and both trials were cancelled at the last minute. If I hadn't called the Minn. Brittany Club as soon as I found out, I would have been sitting at home that weekend.

If your clubs aren't drawing enough entries to support a quality field trial, then maybe you need to look around and see what you are doing wrong.

BTW, there were a lot of GWP's at the Britt trial. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: