German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Homer, chickens, and cats
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Companion Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashleyM

PostPosted: 02/12/04, 5:08 pm    Post subject: homer's progress Reply with quote

Well, we removed the chickens from the equation. We greatly enlarged their yard and redid the fencing, making it higher and sturdier and eliminating the weaker spots. Homer has gone back to being oblivious to them, which is great. I prefer the Hens being kept in, as it is a little annoying to have to find eggs whereever they feel like dropping them, as they had begun to do.

As for the cat, he and she have reached a detente of sorts. It is the same thing every evening: she comes out to sit with us, and Homer slinks away. The rest of the day she either hides or stays in the utility room. She did catch a mouse, so I think her spirits are lifting after her own near death experience last week.

An unrelated question: is it odd of Homer to want to put things in my mouth? For instance, when we play ball, he often tries to get in my face and put the ball in my mouth. Same with toys. He tries very hard to drop it in. Other times, he is great about dropping it on the ground or in my hand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Companion Training All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: