German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

I am a new member

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony A

PostPosted: 12/27/03, 4:56 pm    Post subject: I am a new member Reply with quote

Hi my name is Tony and I am new to this forum. I live in Melbourne Australia. I have had a GWP now for 7 years and now have one of his daughters. She is now 12 months old. Before that I had Weimaraners that I competed with in obedience as well as hunting in the field...ducks quail etc.
My GWP is an Aust Champion in conformation he is also excells in deer hunting and has scored me a number of trophies.I use him on quail and duck also. His daughter is showing great potential in these fields. She to has nearly gained her show title. Looking forward to chatting with some of you.
cheerio

PostPosted: 12/28/03, 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board, Tony A. I can't wait to here more about your 2 companions.
I know little of the hunting GWP, as I am involved in SAR work and uses their nose to sniff human scent. But I suppose, a search is a search, and no matter what the line of work, our GWP all enjoy the same goofy smile, elbows on the ground and butt in the air!...
admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: 12/28/03, 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn!

I just got back from a trip to Melbourne! I would love to have said hello! I had a great time while there and hope to get back someday.

In the mean time, welcome to the boards!

Sheri
BBAdmin
GWPCA Webmaster
Tony A

PostPosted: 12/29/03, 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for welcoming me to the group. Its a great way to find out what others are doing with their dogs...learn a whole lot more.
Tell me Sheri, did you get to see any of our wirehairs here in Victoria?

Also Cheerio I agree with you the wirehairs are such characters with their goofy smiles and have the strangest of sleeping positions of any breed I have had before!!
I have a male...Morgie (7) and a female, Morgie's daughter Macie (12 months). They live together with golden retrievers and a couple of Jack Russells that belong to my partner.
SAR work must be very rewarding. One of Jane's goldens is involved with SAR in South Australia. This kind of work is so important with the threats of terrorism about now, and natural disasters. Just watching the news at the moment about the earth quake in Iran and how they have flown dogs in from other countries to search for survivors and the dead. These dogs are amazing.
Regards,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: