German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Sad News.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony A

PostPosted: 12/27/03, 5:18 pm    Post subject: Sad News. Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I just wondered whether any of you had heard of Ann Atkinson here in Australia. Her kennel 'Korskote GWP's' has had a big influence here in Australia. And is the longest estblished GWP Kennel here.She has spent alot of time importing new bloodlines into the country and has also exported dogs os including the US. She is one of three breeders in Aust. to have had a write up in German Wireharied Pointers Today by Sharon Pinkerton. Ann imported frozen semen from Weidenhugel Kennels in America in 1993.She has had alot of success with her wirehairs here in this country. But it is with regret that I inform you of her death just 3 1/2 weeks ago. She had a battle with cancer over a number of years and sadly passed away on Dec 8th. Her daughter, Mandy, was also very heavily involved with the breed and we are hopeing she will be able to carry on the Korskote name into the future. If anyone is interested Ann's website is http://www.myisp.net.au/~korskote/.
cheerio

PostPosted: 12/28/03, 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never heard of Ann before, although this is not to mean that she was not known in North America. Probably just proof of my ignorance...
I am very sorry to hear of her passing which appears to be of a great loss in the Australian GWP community. The loss of a good breeder is always a sad event for the breed he/she represent, and I hope that her daughter will be able to carry on the work she seems to have dedicated her life to.
My though are with her, with you, and with the Australian GWP community.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: