German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Anyone remember Windhaven Kennels, Binghamton NY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
furlong

PostPosted: 11/07/03, 6:29 pm    Post subject: Anyone remember Windhaven Kennels, Binghamton NY Reply with quote

As you read in my last posting my grandparents used to breed and raise GWP's for show. They owned and operated Windhaven Kennels in Binghamton, NY. They have since retired to Florida and there love of the breed continues with me due to all the childhood memories at there farm. I know they had numerous champions and was wondering if anyone could direct me to someone that may still have GWP's from there breeding line. I would like to obtain as much info as possible and obtain photo's of these dogs. Or, if someone could let me know of a way to find this information out.

Thanks for the help!
Vom Britt
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 11/07/03, 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound silly, but have you talked with your grandparents recenty about your intentions? Surely they must have records on who purchased pups from them.
furlong

PostPosted: 11/08/03, 3:11 am    Post subject: no, not silly.. Reply with quote

No, it is not silly at all. Part of knowing would be nice to give them info and pictures that they don't have. For example I am sure they don't know where some of there dogs are now and probably haven't seen pictures in a while either. Call it kind of a suprise for them also.
LisaBoyer

PostPosted: 12/07/03, 10:48 pm    Post subject: Here is a suggestion :) Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay in this, but I don't get here too often.

You might contact Helen Hatton of Ripsnorter Kennels. I know she had dealings with your grandparents and if I am not mistaken, her first BIS dog, Duff, was from Windhaven....( Ch.Windhavens Stutzer Stumper).

Contact me privately please and I will see if I have Helen's email addy somewhere.

Lisa
Jon P
Senior
Senior

PostPosted: 12/08/03, 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My training buddy, Bob Kroder, bought his first GWP bitch, Lena, from your parents. Lena was out of Feuvs, a danish import, I believe. Lena went on to become a NAVHDA Prize 1 Utility dog and went to the 1994 Invitational. If you contact me privately, I will give you contact info for Bob. He may have some photos and info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: