German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

WE got one leg!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANGUS
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 11/17/03, 5:44 pm    Post subject: WE got one leg!! Reply with quote

Well Angus and I spent the week end at an all breed obedeince Trial,there were 4 trials over the 2 days.
This was Angus's 1st time at a trial.he did very well I think for a 1st timer and a young dog.
WE blew our 1st 3 trials just cause he kept sitting up when I did the return after the long down,and once he didn't finish on a recall.but on the last class of the day and weekend we past everything and managed a score of 198 out 200.Angus received about 40lbs of Natural Balance dog food, a great big ribbon and his 1st leg toward his UD in the CKC. to bad there are no more trials till the spring,he was just getting into it.
The judges were very shocked to see a Wire at the show.the one judge told me that in all her years of judging she had never seen a wire in obedience. so we had lots of encouragement from everyone.
Angus was labeled the show clown as he did everything in such a happy manner. He really was a goof. when we did our off lead heel,he bounced when we did the quick heel.
It was a great weekend and we had so much fun, and my dog had alot of fun showing off. lots of comment on his looks,I just loved that part. But what proud mommy wouldn't! Laughing
I tell ya I just love this dog.
Bye for now,,,,,enjoy your dogs!
Kelly.
trackindog
Senior
Senior

PostPosted: 11/18/03, 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONGRATULATIONS KELLY AND ANGUS!!!!
How sweet that must have been! And too bad the season is done up there but just think how good he will be by next spring!

Maybe you should think about showing him in obedience in the states - we have shows here year round!

Ann
Leslie Swisher

PostPosted: 11/18/03, 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Kelly and Angus! And a 198 - that is a great score! I hope you continue enjoying obedience work. Keep us updated on your future accomplishments.
Patsy

PostPosted: 11/18/03, 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is fabulous! Do you have a picture of him that you can post? I have done obiedience with Dandie Dinmont terriers and they are somewhat like the Wires. One of mine would only do it if I had a live green turtle in my pocket! No kidding, otherwise she got board and wouldn't keep up!!

Great Job!
cheerio

PostPosted: 11/18/03, 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations. i hope you took a picture with the judge.
A question though, isn't it a first leg towards his CD and not his UD?
ANGUS
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 11/19/03, 1:29 pm    Post subject: could be Reply with quote

that could be,I was just so happy that we finally past the class,it got go towards his ABC and I wouldn't care. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: