German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Considering Adoption of GWP-his days limited at the shelter
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheerio

PostPosted: 10/23/03, 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very good point, Ann, and one of great importance because there is nothing worse in a group that members that do not show up for training.
I train 3 times a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 pm till often 1 or 2 am, and every Sunday afternoon from 1 pm until we're done which is usually around 7pm. This is so all year around, whether by +35 C or -40 C, by sunshine, rain, wind or snow... In addition, my dogs take agility once a week and certain specific SAR seminar are often held on evenings and week ends at least once a month. Basically, once involved in SAR, you're life revolves around SAR, your friends are those people training with you, you readings are about SAR your discussions also. In short, you live, sleep, eat and drink SAR. It becomes your life.
On the plus side, it is such a satisfying activity, as much for the dog as it is for the handler.
trackindog
Senior
Senior

PostPosted: 10/24/03, 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>This is so all year around, whether by +35 C or -40 C, by sunshine, rain, wind or snow...

Yep - our instructor always said that people don't get lost just in nice weather. The dogs (and people) need to be able to do a search no matter what it is like outside. I applaud you for doing all this hard work in order to help someone else Cheerio!

Ann
cheerio

PostPosted: 10/24/03, 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ann. But in all honesty, I do it because I love to see the smile on the face of my dogs after a job well done. They are so proud of themselves, it is just a pleasure to see...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: