German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Wow we had some fun today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANGUS
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 09/24/03, 7:37 pm    Post subject: Wow we had some fun today Reply with quote

Well we started out the day,with Angus showing me how he could fly,and boy can he.
I live in a trailer with a deck built on to the front part,the deck stands at least 5.5 feet high at floor level and there is a plywood wall the surrounds the deck it is about 4 foot high.I block off the stairs so that Angus can't go out playing unless I am out with him or know that he is still in the yard and not bugging the other farm animals.
I had the stairs blocked and was just about to vaccume the floors when I heard a thump.
I looked outside and found that Angus had not only jumped off the deck over the wall,but had landed in the lawn which is another 2 foot drop down from the trailer. He just kinda stood there looking at me as if to say "What"? you didn't know I could do that?? I guess I will have to change my dog containment plan now.
So I finished my chores and we headed out to the fram yard ,did what needed doing there,and then headed out to the big field acroos the road.
This is a great place as it hasn't been touched in over 30 yrs,so there are birds aplenty.
I don't hunt,I just love to watch my dog work.my hunting buddy is my brother and he is off long hualing.
So we headed into the field and were not 10 feet into the tall grass and Angus just froze.
I thought he was just fooling me,he is just 15 months and we have not had much hunting time as the bush is still closed and he was to young last year to do much.
So I walked up behind him and stomped my foot,3 pheasants flew up.
off they went.Angus ran for a bit then stopped and looked back at me,I called and he came back.We did the full tour of this field and found about 7 birds.everytime Angus would point,I would stomp and he would run for a bit then come back.
Now I haven't done alot of field training and we are doing more showing right now,so I can't tell you how great it was to watch this dog work ,and look like he knew what to do like he is was and old pro.
So that was our day,,,,,,,,how was yours. Laughing
maddog
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 10/05/03, 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will probably be one of those days that you will be able to recall for the rest of your life. I'm glad you had this day! Cherish it Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: