German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Looking for a male GWP puppy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Looking for a puppy!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brdshootr

PostPosted: 06/24/03, 10:07 am    Post subject: Looking for a male GWP puppy Reply with quote

I am an avid bird hunter in SW Ohio who recently had to put my pointer down due to lymphoma Sad . I am interested in purchasing a GWP puppy as a hunting partner and house pet. I would appreciate hearing from any breeders who may have a litter on the ground. I would prefer a breeder in my region but will consider any location. I am finding that locating a GWP pup is more dificult than I had imagined. Thanks for any help.
brdshootr

PostPosted: 08/02/03, 3:41 pm    Post subject: Looking for a puppy! Reply with quote

I want to thank everyone who reponded to my request for help finding a GWP pup. I have since located a Deutsch Drahthaar pup from a breeder hrer in Ohio. Thanks again!
Tony
Master
Master

PostPosted: 08/03/03, 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a puppy! Reply with quote

brdshootr wrote:
I want to thank everyone who reponded to my request for help finding a GWP pup. I have since located a Deutsch Drahthaar pup from a breeder hrer in Ohio. Thanks again!

Are the DD folks lurking on the GWP forum in hopes of luring unsuspecting puppy buyers away? Shocked
tgonzo

PostPosted: 08/03/03, 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought DD folks were the same as GWP folks. My dogs are both, one in the same, at least based on the materials I have read concerning the breed and where it came from. Please explain. Thanks
brdshootr

PostPosted: 08/19/03, 10:52 am    Post subject: Are GWP and DD the same? Reply with quote

Despite what I have read on this site, the GWP and the DD are not the same dog. Yes it is true that all GWP are descendants of the DD from Germany, but that is where the similarity ends. I don't claim to be an expert but I have done quite a bit of research on the subject lately. One of the best articles I have seen on the subject can be found at http://www.drahthaar.com/articles/different.html

And, no the "DD folks are not lurking on the GWP forum in hopes of luring unsuspecting puppy buyers away." I learned about DDs through web searches while I was trying to find a pup. I found a breeder in my home state that already had pups on the ground and after reading about the breeding requirements of the VDD (Verein Deutsch Drahthaar) I decided my chances of getting a good hunting dog were better if I bought a DD.

I hope I didn't offend anyone.
tgonzo

PostPosted: 08/19/03, 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your pup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Looking for a puppy! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: